Friday 17 August 2012

Tomato soup (with red meat)

There is always something on the go and this week it is finishing off the breeder mustering which means night meals, lunches and smokos. So, feeling invigorated with food preparation I thought I would make my favourite soup....again.

I put the good old mix master away, thanks Mum, 20 years old and still going strong,


And pulled out my other favourite piece of equipment, the slow cooker. A perfect way to cook soup when you know you won't be anywhere near it for the day.


2 stalks of celery and the inside leaves which are really sweet and delicious.


Fry it off along with


an onion, I used a red one this time as I am out of brown onions.


3 lamb forequarter chops. You could use ox tail, ribs or lamb shanks


Some of these,


All in together and cover meat with water and some a tablespoon of sugar.


Cook for 5 hours, then add these and cook for a further 2 hours.


Serve and top with fresh coriander.


Delicious....thanks to my sister-in-law for sharing this recipe. This is my lunch for the next few days. I have never had enough of it to freeze but I am sure that would work well.

1 comment:

  1. this looks great, need to try this - thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete