Tuesday 14 August 2012

Garden duties are calling......

I was away last week for mini school. Generally we leave our husbands at home to keep the home fires burning.

He rang though, to see if I wanted any mulch for the garden which I hip hip hoorayed about.

I kind of forgot that I would come home to this,


 and this,


and this,


and this!


A bit of negotiating going on here now for a day to trim trees and get rid of some, well, dead plants and some that are overgrown!

Do you think the kids would be interested?

3 comments:

  1. Don't you hate those big ones. I just can't handle them anymore and spent a small fortune on the little sugar cane mulch compressed bags last year. Worked for me! I didn't have to enlist the help of a cranky non gardener type. I used small lucerne bales a couple of years ago and they were great, but the pony loved it too! plus they seemed to break down really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain Trude. I think I told you about the time I threw 10 round bales off the back of the truck around my garden thinking I would have them all spread out by lunchtime..but short term pain for long term gain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a little mulching to be done!

    ReplyDelete