Tuesday 28 August 2012

Apprentice painter.....

After a gentle nudge from my better half, we decided to get an office makeover. I am sorry I didn't get those photos but it was just a desk in the corner loaded with all my stuff, I could never find anything and was scared to put it in a cupboard where I would forget about it.


First I had to get some floor boards replaced in the house, that was 18 months ago now, then the electrician to install new power points, followed by the data cabling guy.

The cabinetmakers rang to say they were ready, two days early!


To have this by the end of the day was extremely exciting.

The thing about this office is I can put everything away and I don't forget about it...it works so well.

But, note the bright blue walls, a great colour and but it doesn't match and I was ready to make the room look bigger.


I started undercoating, 2 months ago.....

If you haven't gathered by now my projects happen, just slow and steady.



And this is where I had to stop...ran out of undercoat. I have a mate who is a painter, actually he is everyone's mate and his advice was "Trude it will be right as long as it's not too blotchy"! I told him I was pretty rugged with the brush and roller and if I costed out the job I probably would have paid myself $5/hr, less than an apprentice painter!

Okay, left side accountant brain out for a moment and let the right side creative brain take over, it isn't all about margins, doing a job like this has a certain sense of satisfaction attached to it.

This week (thanks to HTRS) I was determined to conquer the job and I just love the result.


There are a couple of finishing touches to make, window trims and doors, a new blind and some wallpaper on the cupboard....




2 comments:

  1. Trudy, I LOVE the desk and storage space, and if I had the budget my office would be exactly the same (the layout nearly looks identical, except I have all open shelves) you must be thrilled, and even WANT to do bookwork now its all looking so nice!

    ReplyDelete