Sunday 17 March 2013

He was lost, now he is found!

As the week progressed, I had lost all hope of finding my mate...sipping ales with husband on the verandah I spotted a yellow dog running along the road which in turn elevated my spirits. I ran bare foot down the road to greet him. Excitement was quickly replaced by sadness as I turned the corner to find it was a dingo, (Duke's ears are floppy, they don't stick up like a dingo). He got a fright as did I and he quickly made a dash for the trees.

Words of wisdom expressed to the kids this week were:

"He is probably on the adventure of a lifetime"

"Maybe he was sick, knew it and decided to find a resting place"

The phone call Saturday morning from a neighbour two places over telling me they had this Labrador at their back door that looked like Duke.



Our typically rushed Saturday morning turned to absolute joy at the idea of being reunited with our friend. Although he is little foot sore and looking like he has been at a weight loss clinic, he is in good spirits and so very pleased to get a bath and a bone!

This was not the outcome I was expecting but so very pleased he is with us again. T.


3 comments:

  1. No doubt at all Trude, Duke is a "Wonder Dog"! So pleased he found his way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trudy, I'm so relieved for you. It really troubled me that you'd lost your old dog, particularly when they go away and you just don't know what's happened and whether they've suffered. Can't imagine what the dingo was thinking of the crazy barefoot lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. labradors are funny wandering critters aren't they...mind you our cattle/kelpie cross thing went wandering for THREE nights - WITH THE PIG. Both went and came home together. I know not where...so pleased he turned up, I wonder just what adventures he had been on!

    ReplyDelete