Friday 22 March 2013

AWiA...Australian Women in Agriculture

Juggling teaching,


business,


and family, is my life....I wouldn't have it any other way (except of course if you are a week behind in Science....), however I was given an opportunity to attend a two day workshop in my regional city, by an organisation called, Australian Women in Agriculture (AWiA).

This organisation began in Victoria 20 years ago and was created to increase the contribution and profile of Women in Agriculture.

I received an email from a mutually hardworking peer and jumped at the chance to attend a workshop like this. The "Leadership and Decision Making" focus of the workshop was the reason behind my desire to do it...the difficult part was working how the kids would keep up with school, manage to get to swimming lessons and of course cricket, Dad and Grandad played tag team.

The way I conduct business, relationships and teaching is extremely important to me. I'm not striving to be perfect (perfection is the greatest imperfection) just to do it better.

We were lead by a fantastic facilitator and I was joined by 15 equally passionate, vibrant and driven women who are all in varying fields of Agriculture.

Australian Women in Agriculture: AWiA

If the opportunity presents itself, apply, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm envious Trudy, I would have loved to have gone to that workshop. Pleased you were able to juggle ... the trick is just keep throwing those balls higher!

    ReplyDelete