Friday 11 January 2013

Bella (beautiful) Italian pasta

With husband and I busy cleaning the house from top to bottom, I deviated slightly to teach Rohan how to make pasta. I did an Italian cooking school many years ago and rarely do I find the time to make pasta but oh let me tell you when I do, I really wonder why I don't make the effort.

A good handful of flour (or 5 in my case),
make a well and crack eggs into centre,


Gently draw the flour into the eggs, mixing with a fork,


Knead adding more flour as you go, until dough has elasticity. You cannot over do the kneading but you can over do adding more flour.

My new pasta maker makes life easy,



He made the mince earlier and the best tip to tasty tomato mince is cook it for a long time and always add sugar to neutralise the acid.



The best Lasagna we have ever had.







1 comment: