Sunday 23 September 2012

Highschool Reunion

I am really putting my age out there now but I am still on such a high from attending my school reunion. 

I attended boarding school for 5 years, the first two were the toughest, I think I cried every time I returned back to school from holidays.....my poor Mum and Dad must have been wondering if I would ever settle.

I now fondly remember my time at boarding school, but most of all I had a great class of girls. Year 11 and 12 were definitely the best. It all came together for me in those years. It is hard work and every year I think of the coming Year 12 graduates and how hard they must be working and pray that they are enjoying the ride as well.

Last night we had a cocktail evening to celebrate 20 years since graduating in our Senior Class. We also had classmates attend who for many varied reasons left us a little earlier. You know it was just like we were still at school, we all mingled, there were no cliques. I made great friends in those years and it is very humbling to still have that same connection.

Technology was my friend again when we were joined by our School Captain of that year via Skype from Sweden.

Today I toured the school. It has changed so much and the facilities are improving with our changing times.

Thanks to a couple of ladies who organised this special event and thank you to all of you who were able to make it. For those of you who couldn't we did miss you.......where to for the 25th?



No comments:

Post a Comment