Monday 9 July 2012

The Vegetable Garden that he built.....

A couple of years ago I was presented with this meticulously constructed vegetable garden for which he was expecting great things.....
I enjoy gardening but in our climate it is particularly rugged in the Summer months so I don't even attempt it anymore, but as the Autumn months arrived I began preparing again...


the green manure crop followed.....


then I lightly worked it in and mulched.


As we await the anticipated produce I can only hope it survives the reasonably wet winter we are experiencing.

I am very happy however to be harvesting a consistent supply of rocket and coriander.


It goes so well with the eggs this old girl, Jenny is providing us with!


There is another chook somewhere, Cheery is her name but she plays up like a two-bob watch; we don't tend to rely on her for a guaranteed feed!



1 comment:

  1. I've got six chooks and can barely scrounge an egg a day. Something fishy is going on or else they have seen their best days.

    Its raining here in the north as I type, a surprise to hear thunder this afternoon (in JULY!) as well!

    ReplyDelete