Wednesday 25 July 2012

Tour de Peninsula

Unplanned adventures are the best.

Today we had a late finish in the schoolroom. My eldest son has been learning the guitar for 2 and a half years via Skype, his teacher lives in South Australia.


But when you spend so much time indoors you are grateful for the outdoors. As much as the office is calling me the kids and I got on our bikes and headed for the hills.


There are some great hills where we live and I love the trees,


I didn't tell the boys how far we were going. They asked if I had brought water, not exactly, just mail and mail bags.

We caught a glimpse of how much water was still going across the plain,


and I did a quick grass check, complete with mozzies!



I could see the boys getting tired, so with a flat back tyre I rode home,



and sent out the support crew,


Here they come, my eldest child has a huge heart and a tremendous amount of try so I wasn't surprised to see him pass up the offer of a lift. My youngest is our funny one, he reminds me of me, opting for the lift home, it is funny how with only two kids that they can be so different.


No comments:

Post a Comment