Sunday 23 December 2012

My weekend away


It is not often we get a chance to duck away from our very busy lives to spend some much needed time with dear friends, those whom I see way to infrequently and hold a very special place in my heart.


A few of us flew to the big smoke for a friends 35th+5th birthday party.
What a treat to be able to be there to celebrate her big occasion, of course it was just heaps of fun and again got to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in years.



 My travel buddy and the birthday girl,


My first roommate from school, all those years ago, she is still a great girl with her very busy boys.
I miss her heaps.


And another good friend from primary school and Uni days, who put me up for the night, what a privilege to spend some time with her and her husband before their baby arrives.


Another special friend also came to visit me, it is always great to see her.

I don't feel old and nor am I, but I just feel so lucky to have such great bunch of friends, we can always pick up where we left off like time has not passed us by.

Apart from some nasty blisters acquired while trying to look business like for meetings. I opted for flats for the rest of the trip, a much more appropriate attire for shopping however not for running late for a plane that we absolutely couldn't miss. You could hear the pair of us clapping our sandal flats through the airport running to gate 48....

My boys, all of them were sooo very pleased to see me. They had a great time with Dad but you can tell they really liked having me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment