Friday 1 November 2013

Bring on NBN

Six weeks of little to no internet as ground to a halt....WE ARE BACK!

I could go on about it but there is little point as we realised we can actually live without it. The ability to  pick up signal with the iPhone brought with it the ability to keep up with most emails...pretty important when you are trying to run a business and for that matter teach kids.

The schoolroom was a little more hectic/chaotic/down right frustrating...but there is nothing quite like a bit of pressure and stress to make the boys dig just that little bit deeper, grow up a bit and rise to the challenge of getting by without tele lessons for what only ended up being a week. After that we were able to get the digital lessons sent to us (again more iPhone hotspotting) keeping them engaged and on track...have I told you my their teachers are brilliant!

A trip to town and I was able to actually pay the bills...I guess I'm not the only one relieved about that!

Also a little help with school from Tracey at HTRS and we are all feeling much more normal.

I keep hearing that we all rely too much on the internet and whilst I don't disagree I feel the benefits of having access to accurate and up to date information (put it this way the 1970s encyclopaedias that gather dust just didn't cut it), being connected through emails and social media and most importantly my children having an engaging learning experience far outweighs what it was like in the old days...but what I do have to have though is a backup plan. Bring on NBN!

An unexpected benefit has been the resilience my kids have showed, when its down, we do what we can with what we have, which to me is just like the good old days anyway, isn't that what they call the Silver Lining?




1 comment:

  1. Hi Trude,
    How! When! Where! Why! Once we get used to these things, it's difficult at first to suddenly not have them. We've had no washing machine for a week and the end of that isn't in sight! The only answer to my dilemma is two washing machines! These days of hi-tech electronics that no-one can fix! Will I dig up the old copper?
    Glad you're back on the air.

    ReplyDelete