Monday 19 November 2012

Garden Watering System Project complete

I have finally installed the last irrigation system in the gardens.  The skies have not yet been kind to us so I soldiered on to complete the dripper system which is now installed in all of my gardens.

The idea of course is to give plants a good deep watering once a week rather than sprinkle on top and lose half of it to evaporation. Obviously I couldn't finish the mulch until the dripper system was installed....all in good time remember.





This weekend I decided if it didn't rain I would finish the darn job.


It all seems to be working well.

We have had a casualty though. The archway has rusted out in 3 places and unable to be saved. The monotonous winds we have been having finally sealed its fate. I have saved the climbing Iceberg Roses, perhaps I will suggest a timber arbour for this spot.....


 This garden bears the brunt of the winds and I managed to lose a lot of plants.


Some decisions to be made on what to plant, any suggestions?





2 comments:

  1. some more windbreaky type plants for the outer edge, then you might be able to have some pretty delicate ones on the inside...but maybe wait until it rains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely will wait until it rains Sharon, I think i might hedge the outer edge..

    ReplyDelete