Thursday 4 October 2012

Steve Jobs Biography


I have just finished the audiobook of Steve Jobs' Biography by Walter Isaacson. This is a great insight into an innovative and inspiring man who managed to create one of the world's greatest companies, Apple.

I wanted to read this book, I wanted to know how someone created something with just an idea. Like so many I have converted from being a Windows user to an Apple user. I went from 1 computer to 4, an iPod each and an iPhone. Steve's eye for design and simplicity really is what makes these products. It wasn't all pretty, he was very demanding and would only work with great designers and engineers, rightly so.

I think the hardcover version, whilst would look sleek in my library would have had me snoring when talking about intel chips and patents, but I wasn't really looking for the engineering details.

Steve wanted to leave a legacy of a long lasting company with great products. I guess if there are many like me who have gone from an open system to a closed and integrated system then his vision is a reality.

The audiobook is my first, it meant all of those hours (24 in total) in the car were used effectively. Now what to read (listen to) next......any suggestions?

What are you reading at the moment?




1 comment:

  1. Good on you Trude! I have the hardcopy on my bedside table....it has been sitting there a while....

    ReplyDelete